Non Canon refillabele cartridges for MG6150 ??

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
I'm looking to try non Canon brand refillable cartridges for my MG6150. I'm getting more and more printing problems that I think are caused by poor ink flow/ink starvation. Flushing, refilling when the cartridge is still half full, etc don't seem to work any longer.

A while ago, I read in this forum about refillable carts getting better and better (can''t find the thread right now) so I want to give it a try. Preferably cartridges without a (split) sponge if these exist and I want to transplant the chip from a genuine cartridge.

I buy my canon stuff from Octoinkjet but they don't seem to have these cartridges.

I'd appreciate any pointers on where to buy.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I run a MG8250 (same engine as MG6150) for 6 months on OEM cartridges filled with Prodinks ink.
Also IX6550 and MG5250.
Never had any ink flow etc problems (no idea if it is the ink or my good luck), but the ink starts to fade after a few months in direct sunlight.

Prodinks sells refillable cartridges with ARC chips with or without ink :

http://www.prodinks-tintenshop.de/e...h=/Shops/63588551/Products/036-CA-525-FF6-600

His reseller in France has also chipless cartridges (and the same inks as Prodinks for less :)):

http://www.topcartouches.fr/fr/pgi5...cartouches-vides-rechargeables-sans-puce.html

In both cases I suppose they can add a 6th cartridge for grey

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You could try searching on EBay for some or even try PrecisionColors to see if they carry any of the old 220/221 stock, or.

If you want to PM me I could send you a spare OEM set of 521/520 that I have left over from my 4700 days.. :)

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
A while ago, I read in this forum about refillable carts getting better and better ...
I tried some - but I haven't found any better refillable than a poked through CLI-8 ... OEM, with two sponges, refilled by "german durchstich".

PS: Spongeless refillables (like for epson) really would be helpful, but they are hard if not impossible to find...

Last edited:

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
Hmmm, I wonder if there's a way to remove the sponge from the Canon cartridge. Maybe I'll just give it a try.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
No way! The sponge is an essential part of the design, without there is no control of air- and inkflow!
A spongeless cart is a totally different design, with complex compartements and labyrinths for air- and inkflow.