- Nov 3, 2004
- Reaction score
- Bay Area CA
- Printer Model
- CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hi everybody! I thought it would be fun to give some info and background about me!
- What printers do you currently have (manufacturers / models): Canon i560 & Brother MFC-7440N... plush 3 (yes THREE) unopened refurbished i560's that I got at Fry's for $39!!
- What printers have you owned in the past:TONS! My first printer ever was a dot matrix on an old Mac about 30 years ago that our family owned. It took paper with "tear off" hole feeding ribbons on either side and it was SUPER loud! My first printer was an old HP DeskJet 500 C. Later in college I had a Canon BJC-1000. I've also had a bunch of HP LaserJets (LJ 4, 4plus, 5P, etc.), a handful of different Canon inkjet models, a Lexmark inkjet, and a couple different Brother laser printers.
- If you had one wish, which printer would you want: A 3-D printer!!! (Which I now have: Creality CR-10
- What experiences do you have with refilling and/or tinkering with printers:I first tried refilling my family's HP DeskJet 500 C with very mixed results... mostly bad and gave up. Years later I got a Canon BJC-1000 and decided I'd try refilling again... this time I had AMAZING success! I could put almost any liquid in that thing and it would print and never clog. It worked like an amazing champ! The biggest downside wwas that the tri-color carts didn't hold much ink. Later I got a Canon i560 and LOVED it (still my favorite). I've also refilled all my laser printers with mostly great success. For a short spell in 2000 I bought bulk empty Lexmark carts, refilled at home, and resold on eBay.
- Any other info you'd like to share about your education, work, or hobbies: My education background is business/finance. My work background is in client services / online advertising. My hobby background is too diverse... so much so that I put much of my interests on my site (former home of this forum) here: www.Nifty-Stuff.com. I also own a bunch of forums and websites which you can see here: www.RobLudlow.com/portfolio/