"Next Generation" Canon

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Well it's officially here, the Canon IP 4820 printer, slightly faster printing speeds and bluetooth compatible. Everything's gotta have bluetooth now, my toaster has blutooth :p Downside is this uses a newer CLI-226 carts. Any guess as to ink capacity or anti-refill tech on these?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
qwertydude
could you post the web page for the Canon IP 4820 please..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
:)
This new canon ip4820 printer is only available in the US so far, so it looks like youll be the lucky ones to test it out for the rest of us.. ;)

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Should make mention that the IP 4700 are yanked off the shelves. I knew in my heart they were going when staples went OOS on these.

I think I will just keep my existing printers going. I have no interest in playing the arms race with Canon anymore.

Not only does the 4820 have new cartridges, but you can bet a new method has to be developed/found/leaked for the ink absorber reset as well.

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I now have 2 new spare IP4700s ($49.99 New shipped) and 1 spare MX860 ($59.99 shipped refurb.)

I'll keep these running for a few years at least. :)

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
This is why I'm an Epson fan now. As tough as their anti-refill stuff is I really do appreciate their far more sturdy construction and near indestructible piezo print heads and a design that works great with CISS.

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Are the print heads still built in? I remember trying to get to a r200's print head and having a heck of a time trying to unclog it.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Yes they are still built in. When I had stubborn clogs I simply filled the foam park pad up with windex and let it soak to soften the clog then rigged a syringe to an old CISS cartridge so I could gently inject windex through the cartridge and force out any clogs. I also learned the best way to do this is to have the printer off and the print head in the middle of the printer. The windex simply drips out on the overspray padding. This easily unclogs the heads.