Newbie observations = multiple printers already..

korny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Its kind of interesting what you can discover when you have multiple printers hooked up..

I think I need help... I've got five printers hooked up already. Four of them are inkjets, all are very different. Now I see a new a new R1900 on Cragislist for 200 bucks and I need to stop myself from running down there -- fetch a wide printer to my collection to play with..

In case anyone is curious what Ive got now:

* Epson Artisan 800, (refurb unit) still OEM inks. Awaiting for me to install miklings inks and CISS after OEM inks are used up.
* Epson CX4200 a 4 col pigment Durabright printer someone recently gave me clogged. (Windex and Qtips made it work)
* HP Photosmart c410a 5 color hybrid (4 dye, 1 pigment black) CISS from inkproducts, Florida
* HP Photosmart 2600 series, 4 color hybrid (2 carts) with heads embedded in the carts.
* HP LaserJet P2015DN, my boring monochrome workhorse...

Just wanted to share....:)

Tom Hock

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have five hooked up and running, mostly Canon.
iP6000
iP6600
i900D
i560
Brother MFC-255CW

I find this ink-jet technology fascinating. I have picked up all of my printers at yard sales or thrift shops, and thanks to all the good advice I get from following this forum, they all are in good working order. I refill using the German method and Hobbicolors ink. These printers get a lot of use for being just home use printers. Our family Christmas cards this year took almost 30 ink tank refills (I used much to much color in the design, together with large photographs. Hardly any white showed). I could never have all this fun if I had to buy new Canon OEM ink tanks.

The Canon i560 is used mostly for envelopes and letters mailed, or any printing that might be subjected to high moisture, because it is the only one using pigment black.