new problem with refilling canon cli 8 cart

artise

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok....I had a problem with the cyan wicking into the yellow cartridge......you can see that on an earlier thread. The yellow was a new cart but the cyan was a refilled. I've cleaned my print head with canned air several times and it appeared to be good. I have now bought a new cyan cart and refilled the yellow cart. Put the cyan in then after a bit put the yellow in. I waited for a few minutes and took the yellow out and saw some cyan on the bottom. I quickly got it out of there before any more wicking went on. I am wondering if I need to do a deeper cleaning method on the print head as to possible not getting all the cyan out before? It seemed like as it sat in the printer without ink I thought I saw some cyan. If I should do a deeper cleaning of the print head what would be recommended or do you have an idea of what is going on. Sure would like to use my printer this weekend! thanks for your help.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Perhaps you have internal print head leak? This can't be repaired :(

artise

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
how would I be able to figure that out?

artise

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've been poking around and read about the pad that the ink carts park on. I gently touched a qtip to the area where the yellow parks and there is cyan down there. I do not have any empty carts.....is there a way to clean this one area? thanks