New PrinterKnowledge Homepage

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
If this were a 404 error then the issue would more likely be the forum server. However, as you said, there isn't enough info to determine what is going on, just some suggestions, such as to check your network connection.

Makes me wonder if what server or node is having problems resolving addresses, or, maybe under attack like a Denial of Service attack.

I go to a web site that also intermittently craps out, in fact it occurred this morning. Sometimes by hitting reload a time or two finally resolves the page.

I see you use Firefox. Have you (and @The Hat) tried a different web browser?

If you want you can ping and/or traceroute when the problem occurs to see if and where the problem may arise.
  • You will need to know the IP Address of the site you are trying to reach. An IP Address is numbers arranged like 111.111.111.111. Use a DNS Lookup online tool like https://mxtoolbox.com/DNSLookup.aspx. Enter the Domain Name of the website you want to know the IP Address - in this case "printerknowledge.com" is the Domain Name. Copy the resultant IP Address found.
  • Paste the IP Address into a Ping tool such as https://www.ipaddressguide.com/ping to see if the location is accessible/working and how long it takes to get there and back.
  • If the Ping does not resolve (work) then you can roughly see where the Ping stops while in transit to/from the IP Address entered by using a Traceroute tool such as https://whatismyipaddress.com/traceroute-tool. This website can take a few seconds to work, so be patient.
  • Once you know how to use these online tools and see where the problem appears to be then you can report to Nifty your findings.
In the meantime, maybe @Nifty can look on his end. Server software may have applications that log events that would show issues or able to diagnose certain issues.

BTW, I haven't typed or written in German since high school German language class. So many letters in words!

Edit:
While I was assembling and writing this post AND making applesauce, Nifty has posted he's already on the job!
Wow, lots of great info / ideas there!!! :bow

Hopefully we can determine if it's server-wide, or localized, and then figure out the issue.

(or hopefully it's just a hiccup in the interwebs and goes away on its own) ;)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
thanks so far,
I'll try to collect some info next time when it happens again; it's very irregular - working fine for weeks or with several hiccups on one day like yesterday.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I just had another connection drop, only for some 10 seconds before I could run the DNS, tracert, ping screens