New Printer

Potsie5

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma mx860
Can anyone offer suggestions as to what would be the current choice to replace a Pixma MX860 at a reasonable cost.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Can anyone offer suggestions as to what would be the current choice to replace a Pixma MX860 at a reasonable cost.
OK, that’s easy… But first what sort of work are you planning on doing on it… Likes, dislikes...

Potsie5

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma mx860
OK, that’s easy… But first what sort of work are you planning on doing on it… Likes, dislikes...
I need a multifunction printer - copy fax and scan,duplex print,adf,separate ink cartridges and scan and print legal size documents.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I need a multifunction printer - copy fax and scan,duplex print,adf,separate ink cartridges and scan and print legal size documents.
The Canon Maxify series of printers. However there is no CD disk printing and image print quality is less than a photo printer but quite adequate for casual or ho office/small office printer (SOHO) for which the Maxify printers are targeted for.

Make sure your choice of Maxify will do auto-duplex printing, and only the more expensive ones will do auto-two sided ADF printing. I bought an MB5120 and it has all the whistles and bells except for a second paper tray to hold more paper. It is $180 at Adorama currently. It is built well and performs as expected.

Note the Maxify's do NOT print on all photo paper sizes or have as many photo paper type settings as a photo printer. But, the Maxify's will do all you have in your wish list. If you can see a demo at a local brick and mortar store then check it out.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I would suggest Brother printer, there are "Ecotank" comparable to EPSON with refillable bottles of ink, No carts to replace. Print head is Piezo does not burn out. Wifi, LAN, USB