new PG-830 and CL-831

narmenia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
anyone tried these cartridges?
these came with my ip1880 local (commonly known as ip1800)

hows the lifespan compared to PG-40 and CL-41?

thanks

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
That is odd.... I just received a shipment of ip1800s, and included in the boxes are PG-30 and CL-31 cartridges. I think they hold 1/2 of the pg-40s and cl-41s. When you go for newer cartridges, get the 40 and 41s....it will be more cost-effective. The 30 and 31 could be refilled by you to use as spares when needed.

narmenia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hmmm thas really odd...
here in the philippines ip1800 are called ip1880...

and on the box it says that PG-830, CL-831 and/or PG-40, CL-41 are the only compatible cartridges for the ip1880.

ip1880 = ip1800 (remove the 2nd number 8 and replace it with 0)
PG-830, CL-831 = PG-30, CL-31 (remove the number 8)

BTW i have used an ip1800 driver from both US and EU offical canon website and they are compatible with my printer
and on the printers and faxes the printer is recognized as ip1800...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
The only problem with CL-41 is that it will last for as many as (10 to 15 refills) 1500-2000 pages, then it begin to have problems. It can't however to be cleaned easily and the problem rises because of physical contaminant or burned nozzles (these cartridges does not have aluminum heat spreader).

If you only print on glossy photopaper your cartridge can last longer :)

IF you disassemble the cartridge to clean it save the effort because the ink filter ports are flat (you can't attach a syringe to them and instead of round they are rectangular impossible to fit anything easily).

You can try to drill a hole in the side plug the vent hole and with enough pressure clean the nozzles, but that method proved to be ineffective.

So for high volume if you can call 2000 pages high volume it is a very bad choice. It can print photos fine but I'd choose printer with non buil-in head and separate ink tanks.

narmenia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Smile said:
The only problem with CL-41 is that it will last for as many as (10 to 15 refills) 1500-2000 pages, then it begin to have problems. It can't however to be cleaned easily and the problem rises because of physical contaminant or burned nozzles (these cartridges does not have aluminum heat spreader).

If you only print on glossy photopaper your cartridge can last longer :)

IF you disassemble the cartridge to clean it save the effort because the ink filter ports are flat (you can't attach a syringe to them and instead of round they are rectangular impossible to fit anything easily).

You can try to drill a hole in the side plug the vent hole and with enough pressure clean the nozzles, but that method proved to be ineffective.

So for high volume if you can call 2000 pages high volume it is a very bad choice. It can print photos fine but I'd choose printer with non buil-in head and separate ink tanks.
a member of a local forum on our country has used more than a liter of black ink on a single black cartridge (PG-830) using a CIS on his ip1880...
the cartridges were drilled and CIS tubes were connected to the carts.

his problem now is that the waste ink tank is almost full and he can't reset it.