New Forum Features

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Has anyone else new forum features or bugs in the past couple of days?

I noticed that images from the same poster that are spanned over more than one post now display in a row underneath an image you have clicked on to enlarge.

I also noticed a bug in which after clicking on an emoji :)() the cursor stayed to the left of the emoji instead of advancing to the right of the emoji. I just tried to reproduce it in a Reply and the issue was gone/corrected.

HOWEVER, while typing this new thread post, after I clicked the emoji to put it in the sentence above and then closed the window with all the emojis, the cursor was at the end of the sentence instead of just to the right of the emoji. I had to move the cursor back to the right of the emoji to add the end parenthetical ")".

Anyone else notice some new functions or anomalies?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Anyone else notice some new functions or anomalies?
That’s been happening for months now for me, so nothing new.
The emoji thing have cause me hassle most of the time, so nothing new there either..
Anyway I’m sick of complaining… Need another Cat..:)
P.S. I’m stuck behind this emoji here too.. I had to delede to move on..:eek:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
And where is the display of the POW ? It's gone on my screen

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I didn't know the forum software had been updated. That explains why I can no longer make links blue to indicate they are links not just text. This has worked before in Firefox, but not in all browsers.

I have noticed that links are not in black text but in a dark grey text, at least in Firefox. Could this dark grey be changed to blue? I don't know if blue text for links is a standard but it is often used.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I didn't know the forum software had been updated.
I think it must have been updated because of the new image handling. Then again, maybe this feature has been there and I only now experienced it.

where is the display of the POW ?
Good eye. I did not notice that until you brought it to my attention. Where did it go??

That’s been happening for months now for me, so nothing new.
I'm pretty sure it's just you. ;):gig:hugs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like the luck of Mrs. O'Leary and her cow burning down Chicago, the emoji issue returns with a vengeance. The three emojis I inserted above for The Hat displayed more weirdness. I inserted the emojis one after the other from the same open emoji selection window per usual without any other action in between.

First off, there was no plain smile emoji available. We've had this hide and seek experience before with the big update in the past year.

Next, after the first emoji ;) was selected the next two were automatically placed on the next line as if I had hit the Enter key on the keyboard. I did not. The cursor once again was bizarrely positioned to the left of the first winking emoji and not to the right of the last hugging emoji as has been customary. Clicking to the right of the aberrantly placed two emojis caused the cursor to jump to the left of the laughing emoji and not the right of the hugging emoji. Clicking to the right of the winking emoji on the line above caused the cursor to jump to the left of the winking emoji and not to the right of it as customarily expected.

Something is misbehaving.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
the emoji issue returns with a vengeance.
Clearly if it’s not broke, then someone has not read this notice and Fubar it..:oops:
We’ll just have to knuckle down :hide and carry on.. :thumbsup
No issues on this post with the emoji...;)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Thanks for the helpful comments and feedback guys! We're looking into these items. We're having some trouble reproducing a few of them, but we'll keep at it.

When reporting this kind of stuff it's helpful to provide as much detail as possible including:
  1. Browser version (and if you tried to reproduce on a different browser)
  2. Exact steps to reproduce the problem: Example: "I went to this link, then clicked xyz, and was expecting ABC, but got BCA".
  3. Any error messages, and other information that will help us reproduce the problem and isolate what might be the cause (browser, addons, computer, internet connection, software, etc. etc. etc.)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
no plain smile emoji available
It's back. :)

b7NAJj.gif

(From Poltergeist)

Browser version
Firefox 94.0.2 64 bit with Windows 10 Pro. Have not tried different browser.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Firefox updated to 95.0 and cursor still acting squirrelly.

:( -> :) -> :(

First emoji and cursor on right side as expected. 2nd emoji and cursor move to next line as if hit the Enter key. Click to left of second emoji and cursor then to the left of the emoji instead of right side.

I see there is a Windows update and will install it and try again. (KB5007253)

:) -> :) -> :ya
:fl:thumbsup

Nope. Same problems post all updates including consecutive entered emojis winding up on the next line without intention on my part. Do not be fooled by the happy emojis.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Switched to MS Edge.

:fl :confused: :):pop :thumbsup

Appears to be working properly with Edge. :ya

Firefox broken or server software misfiring with Firefox?