New Epson R2000 arrived broken from OEM.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You heard the one about the thrifty Tom Cat; He put all he had into the kitty, that’s our thrifty @stratman for you. :lol: :lol:
Couldn’t resist that... :woot

:hide:hide:hide

BarbedDragon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1900
Cake---just to clear---she fiddled with the parts, not he :oops:. Epson did not tell me not to use it, I asked them what to do and they said to call back when they had another. I have 1 year warranty regardless.

I keep getting told I needed to return it. I get that. I TRIED. It was a weekend. There's nothing I can do and I'm NOT going to sit here all week and stare at a printer in a box if I think it might work. I can call them today and raise hell but I have a full day of clients and I don't know if I can spare another hour on the phone and hold.

YES, I am having other issues (see my other thread!:love) I came on here for help to FIX them if I can.

I will return the printer if I can't. I'm not going to do anything that voids my warranty right now. I haven't started taping things to it, drilling holes in it or lighting it on fire yet. :somad

It worked for 2 prints and them pooped out. Nozzle clog, alignment problem, tray feed issues, leveling problem. I'm not sure. If anyone has suggestions on my other thread I would sure be tickled to know. :bow

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It worked for 2 prints and them pooped out. Nozzle clog, alignment problem, tray feed issues, leveling problem. I'm not sure. If anyone has suggestions on my other thread I would sure be tickled to know. :bow
Setting it on fire outside the doors of Epson's corporate headquarters may not be the best idea, though it would get their attention.

If there isn't a r2000 refurb unit available then ask for a comparable model, ideally the next step up. You deserve to know how long you will be in limbo and Epson needs to remedy this issue ASAP as having no printer is impacting your business. The other remedy would be to demand your money back.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You heard the one about the thrifty Tom Cat; He put all he had into the kitty, that’s our thrifty @stratman for you. :lol: :lol:
Couldn’t resist that... :woot

:hide:hide:hide
Meow!

laughing-happy-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I was maybe a little unfair, i think i mentioned in one of the other threads "refurb" can mean many things. Sometimes its just a used item thats had a spit and polish, other times the whole thing has had all new parts that are subject to wear and out of the box an item can look brand new (Canons OWN refurbs use to be this way, no idea about Epson). I have an Canon MP610 which was bought brand new, six months later a friend got one a refurb one from canon via Amazon and apart from the tape used to seal the box informing it was a refurb the item was basically brand new inside, not a drop of ink or a mark to the case to be seen.
The only time a refurb is worth it is if you know in advance it is actually properly refurbished and not just given a make-over/clean up.

BarbedDragon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1900
Much agreed @CakeHole. I learned my lesson. I'm a gal who goes the the flea market and buys old electric doodads and fixes them (new components, electrics, etc) polishes them up, painted them and enjoys using them.

Seems to be new stuff just isn't that way. I tried to replace the motor on a new vacuum cleaner once---motor was more expensive than buying the vacuum new.

Ya live, ya learn. Sometimes is the opposite order.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
We have became a throw away society unfortunately :( Its a shame because new products are not always better than prior incarnations. Build quality on printers over the years and how they have gone from solid thick plastic and metal lumps to now flexible, thin plastic shells is a prime example :(

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Seems to be new stuff just isn't that way. I tried to replace the motor on a new vacuum cleaner once---motor was more expensive than buying the vacuum new.
Ya live, ya learn. Sometimes is the opposite order.
Yes life sucks all right, when you have a good motor that is… :gig