New Epson L100 & L200 specially designed for Indonesia

Serville

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Fyi guys, in Indonesia Epson has just launched Epson L100 & L200. These printers are specially made for Indonesian market who mostly use refilled inks.
The printers are FANTASTIC.
Want to know why ?

These printers use Epson-designed continuous ink- flow system with huge bottle (70ml/bottle).
Epson L100 costs only around $130, and Epson L200 costs around $170. The L200 is multi-function printer with scanning feature.
The price includes starter kit which includes 3 bottles of Black ink (210ml) & 1 bottle for each C, M, Y (70ml each color)
The price of each refill bottle (officially from Epson) costs only $5 (70ml) on the market. AND THIS IS ORIGINAL INK FROM EPSON !

The spec states the Black ink will print 12,000 pages, and 6,500 pages for Color.
That is fantasticly cheap. No more warranty issue anymore. The refilled ink in Indonesia will die.
Canon will also die if they don't come up with cheap solution like Epson.
With this printer on the market, the printing cost with Epson L100 is like 100x cheaper than Canon printers

Curious of how it looks ?
http://www.epson.co.id/sites/epson_indonesia/L100/L100.page

Epson L100 :
http://www.epson.co.id/epson_indone...s/inkjet/product.page?product_name=Epson_L100

Epson L200:
http://www.epson.co.id/epson_indone...s/inkjet/product.page?product_name=Epson_L200

Canon should be ashamed for capitalizing on poor people !!!

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Time to get this imported to the US so we can play with it :)

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I believe websnail mentioned this fact a few weeks ago. But actually Epson printers can be so easily converted to CISS. This is the reason why I sold my Canon i9950 and bought an Epson 1400. Prints are remarkedly better even without the red and green inks and using good pigment ink I do not need to fear fading for at least several decades.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Yup.... someone else tipped me the wink on these a few months back now...

What I'm going to be interested to see though, is whether or not these printers will be released in markets outside Indonesia.. It'll be a real test of how far the computer magazines and tech blogs are beholden to the company marketing budgets, as to whether it's ever reported outside of the enthusiast sites like this one.

Anyone care to place a bet?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I'll bet 50 cents that by the end of 2011, Epson will have expanded their market to outside Indonesia.