New desperate member

MadAboutPrinters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-15000, canon pro-10
Greetings I look forward to your suggestions.
I'm a mixed media photography artist. I mostly print on rag paper with a Canon Pro-10 which I've had for 4 years.
I've recently gotten the dreaded "absorbs pad almost full message".

PK Project Manager

Printer Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings I look forward to your suggestions.
I'm a mixed media photography artist. I mostly print on rag paper with a Canon Pro-10 which I've had for 4 years.
I've recently gotten the dreaded "absorbs pad almost full message".
Hey @MadAboutPrinters - welcome to our community, we're glad to have you with us! :frow
I've moved your thread to a different section so you can receive advice from the various experts on our forum. :woot

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
You do understand if you trick printer to reset the waste absorber but do not replace it properly then it will overflow and also you can clog the print head because the pump will be blocked with all gunky ink.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
It will overflow eventually, but not right after the counter says it’s full. According to many customers who didn’t change/clean the waste inkpads after resetting the counter, overflow didn’t happen until the counter almost reached full for a second time.
Obviously Canon plays with a large safety margin, They don’t want ink dripping from the bottom of the printer just before the counter stops the machine from working. Imagine the massive lawsuits from irate customers...

For people unwilling or unable to change the inkpads, a large waterproof tray under the printer will prevent catastrophic damage to tables, desks or whatever place the machine sits on.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
It will overflow eventually, but not right after the counter says it’s full. According to many customers who didn’t change/clean the waste inkpads after resetting the counter, overflow didn’t happen until the counter almost reached full for a second time.
Obviously Canon plays with a large safety margin, They don’t want ink dripping from the bottom of the printer just before the counter stops the machine from working. Imagine the massive lawsuits from irate customers...

For people unwilling or unable to change the inkpads, a large waterproof tray under the printer will prevent catastrophic damage to tables, desks or whatever place the machine sits on.
You will have time to worry about leaks, and it is always possible to guide the waste ink tubes into an external "potty".

Take care in the first place to use the correct service tool to reset the counter (5204 as far as I know).

MadAboutPrinters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-15000, canon pro-10
Is there a link for setting the pro-10 into service mode and a place to download the counter reset? I've a Mac- it's my understanding that, that could be a problem.
Thanks