New Canon Printer

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Having used an IP4500 & MP610 for many years, I am looking for a New Canon Printer that matches the standards and reliability of these former printers along with the ability to take either the same type of carts or carts that can be refilled and reset as on the above model ?
Does such a product exist ? Can anyone recommend one based on personal experience ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
There are not too many Canon printers left that fit into the criteria of the IP4500 and MP610.

Depending on your budget you can pick up some printers that still use the easy fill
CLI-8 cartridges, but you’ll have to shop around to find them.

If you buy a cheap printer then you are guaranteed to pay dearly trying to maintain and keep
it supplied with OEM inks, so all dough you may not need the services of an A3 printer now,
please don’t rule them out because then can be cheaper to run than the newer A4 printers.

Have a good look through this printer list and see if there is one or two that suites your needs
and can be purchased easily in your area, but be careful it’s a jungle out there
some of these printers can eat your wallet for breakfast..

http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...s-the-poor-canon-printers-for-refilling.7282/

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If you buy a cheap printer then you are guaranteed to pay dearly trying to maintain and keep
it supplied with OEM inks, so all dough you may not need the services of an A3 printer now,
please don’t rule them out because then can be cheaper to run than the newer A4 printers.

I think the A3 dedicated photo printers are also much higher build quality, using a polished and possibly Chromium plated steel print head carriage rod in stead of the bent sheet metal print head carriage rail, that is now used on entry and intermediate level Canon printers?

See the difference here: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/lubricant-for-printer-carriage-mechanism.4966/

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I think the A3 dedicated photo printers are also much higher build quality, using a polished and possibly Chromium plated steel print head carriage rod in stead of the bent sheet metal print head carriage rail, that is now used on entry and intermediate level Canon printers?

That is true.

Only PRO series for Canon use the:
"polished and possibly Chromium plated steel print head carriage rod"

Since last Canon dedicated true 6color A4 was called 6700D was made 8 years ago, I certainly can't recommend A4 sized Canon for good quality prints. At least if you do not want to get A3+ printer. That another story.

You could get EPSON L800 with integrated CIS and cheap OEM Ink. Ink is not Claria, but better then Third party ink. Longevity is better.

I tried to get the printer (half price) but as I posted the company sent me nothing, and returned money. Now I think I'll find a place that gives at least 2 years warranty and buy again. I want to test it and with the ink and CIS it's still cheaper than to get T50/P50 (that is built on same base) and then buy CIS and ink.