new Canon IP4500 nozzle check on C (Cyan) shows squares, what to do?

Lilla

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

new Canon IP4500 nozzle check on C (Cyan) shows squares, what to do?

I scanned the nozzle check so you can see what it looks like. The scan looses a little quality due to resizing and compression, but hopefully you will still be able to see the problem.

The problem is with C (Cyan), it shows alternating lighter and darker blocks. The
When I looked back at the nozzle check I printed when the printer was just out of the box, I can see this only that print also, but it is a little more pronounced now.

I did a print head alignment and then another nozzle check, the before and after nozzle checks look the same.

Also, the manual says to do the printhead alignment using photo paper. A couple of pages of A4 photo paper was included with the printer for this purpose. I have not used this paper. I used plain paper to do the printhead alignment. Is it OK to use plain paper? Should I do it again using the provided photo paper?

It doesn't seem like it would make a difference as the other block look OK. The BK band at the bottom shows a bit of this blocky affect in the scanned image I uploaded, however, I cannot actually see it on the printed page, even when I use a magnifying glass. So my concern is just with the Cyan (C) line.

Should I be concerned about this? Should I contact Canon about this?
Is it important to do printhead alignment using photopaper, or is it OK to use plain paper?

Any feedback on these issues will be GREATLY appreciated!

Lilla

P.S. thanks again to all who responded to my other post.