Need suggestions and comments, looking to buy a printer.

Xan2

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi guy, i am a new member here and i am looking if possible few tips, hopefully someone will be able to help me before i buy a printer.

I am looking for an inkjet printer to print out mostly high resolution graphics and photos (2400, 4800 and 9600 dpi), the graphics are printed mostly on acid free coton mixed paper to be able to apply uv ink with success. I did few hours of research and i finaly ended with a little list, it would be much appreciated if you guys could give me some advice on the printer i should buy and why? i don't care about maintnance cost or refilling ect i only want the best resolution printer that i can find, i am ready to spend about $600-700 if needed. I am also going to buy something locally so i can get refunded if i don't like that much the results. Thanks in advance.

here is the list i've done .

MODEL --- price

#1: Canon PIXMA IP6700D --- 249$ CAD (i found it locally and this one have 1pl drop size, seems to be the best one?)
#2: HP Photosmart 8750 Pro --- 499$ FROM HP Website
#3: HP Officejet Pro K850dn --- 499$ FROM HP Website
#4: HP Buisness inkjet 2800 --- 499$ FROM HP Website
#5: HP Photosmart Pro B9180 --- 699$ FROM HP...

I would like to know if anybody already own one of thoses and if someone can suggest the best precise printer? even if not listed. Thanks.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You did not mention whether longevity is important - the time it takes for the prints to fade. While HP's VIVERA inks and Canon's "chromalife' both state that they will last a long time, they are relatively new on the market and the jury is still out. You might want to look at the Epson line of printers. For the most part, their pigment-based series of printers have much longer longevity, and many have extremely high resoloution specs.

Good Luck!!

Latest posts