Need some opinions for Canon Seal Plugs

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I came upon some seal plugs that might possibly work well for the Canon cartridges.

These don't break and seem to be made of polyethylene or polypropylene.
The simply push into the holes without a screwdriver and seal very well. You can pull them off with your fingernails and they will NOT break.
They are not solid but hollow core thus giving a gentle yet positive sealing effect.
When pushed in they sit pretty flush and gives the refilled cart a nice "complete look.

Any opinions on what you may think will be appreciated.

NewPlug.jpg

Cartridge.jpg

These are plugs that are used to seal holes prior to painting or powder coating.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Look good... Only question I'd have is whether or not they might pop out and just how good a seal they are (ie: any air leakage)..

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
They won't pop out for two reasons. if the protrusion inside the ink tank breaks, the seal is at the very top. It's pretty much non tapered at the top part. the second reason is that being hollow, the plug bellies inwards ( like when we were young) when pushed against the protruding flange. This provides a very positive sealing action. No air leakage in the ones I've tried so far and oh so convenient!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Nice... Sounds like you have a winner there then :) Certainly easier than the system of using a plastic screw to seal the hole

Xalky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I haven't actually touched one, but they seem like they'd be to hard to seal, especially if the hole is slightly irregular. I'd give you a big thumbs up if they were rubber or silicone.

You could probably stick something into the hollow to force it against the edge of the hole sort of like a plastic shield for hanging a picture in plaster or concrete.

Marcel

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Mikling,
I presume you have removed the ball or pushed it into the tank and are using this plug to seal the ball hole. Right?
You didn't say where you got the plugs. Who, What, and Where, and what size or part number, etc.?
While others are guessing what might be wrong, I just want to try it out.
Thanks for posting about this plug.

canonfodder

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Daemar in Brampton Ontario. They sell all kinds of sealing and vinyl products for manufacturers. Min qty is 1,000 pieces in one bag. I'll have to ask the rep for the part number.

I think 1,000 pieces is enough to last quite a while. I will be getting a bag of these and if anyone wants some, just email me about PLASTIC PLUGS. Nominal charge to recover postage handling and cost of plugs. I don't know what they cost as yet but I think in the area of maybe a dime or so each.