need printer with continuous flow system but which inks??

rachele

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello people! I need a new printer to do transfers to heat press onto kids tshirts,babys vests and bibs:small things.I have done quite abit of research in various forums so here's what else I need to know......I like the sound of the Epson sx218 printer, does up to A4 and doesn't need a computer.Has card reading slot too. I'd like a CISS too,and I understand that for heat transfers pigment ink is the best.Right.A lady on the phone at the place where I was about to order my printer ,advised me against the CISS and pigment as it blocks the nozzles.But that is what I want!!Can anyone help me??Quickly too, as I have wasted lots of time looking on the internet.Time that I would have rather spent printing my tshirts....

I'm waiting......:|

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I've done transfers. Dye actually works better, you get better color quality to boot, I tried a pigment black transfer on my Canon, it was ok but smeared too easily before I ironed it out. Also I've not had problems with fading with washing with dye. I think when you iron the transfer it seals up the microscopic pores in the transfer sheet so it won't run or wash out.