Need printer recommendations...I need to buy a new printer

epson835wicneeded

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 835
My requirements are:
black and white daily prints up to 20 pages
all in one that can and print, I do scanning mostly on the phone for office but occasional hi def photo scanning is a bonus
photo printing up to 8 x 10 - 5 x 14 prints monthly
adf
economical ink or reliable third party ciss options
not be so finicky that print head clogs up all the time

I don't want an Epson because I used third party catridges and for all the time I had the 835 printer I was able to print photos for only the first 6 months...after that I have had chronic clogged print head issues.. and today it quit on me with the wic error I was ignoring for 2 months.....I had been printing photos at my sister's canon but she moved so now I need to buy a replacement

I don't mind buying an all in one and a separate photo printer. I can't afford 1000 dollar machines. It has to be under 500 unless it is truly worth investing in and the machine is going to last forever

MarkBowni

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
If You are looking to buy Printer for home use than I recommend you to go for Brother MFCL2710DW .
My requirements are:
all in one that can and print, I do scanning mostly on the phone for office but occasional hi def photo scanning is a bonus
adf

I don't want an Epson because I used third party catridges and for all the time I had the 835 printer I was able to print photos for only the first 6 months...after that I have had chronic clogged print head issues.. and today it quit on me with the wic error I was ignoring for 2 months.....I had been printing photos at my sister's canon but she moved so now I need to buy a replacement

I don't mind buying an all in one and a separate photo printer. I can't afford 1000 dollar machines. It has to be under 500 unless it is truly worth investing in and the machine is going to last forever

Last edited:

frank0100

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP OfficeJet 9015
My requirements are:
adf

According to your requirement, I'll suggest you the printer for daily use and that is Hp OfficeJet 9015

phl1365

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G7020
I have been generally satisfied with the Canon G70x0 printer. It's not perfect, but it's capable and very economical to run since we print ~700 pages/month.
It's probably not the greatest photo printer if that's a big criterion, but its a solid Multi-Function with cheap ink.

note: The user interface is the worst I've seen in over 20 years, but you can do almost everything through the Windows print driver. I presume the Mac OS print drivers have similar capabilities.

Latest posts