Need Help please!

Factoryphoto.com

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I purchased a bunch of the C & C ink for my Canon i9900.. Ive printing some pictures and most have come out pretty good but today I printed an order someone placed of a 13x19 and the Red Honda dirtbike came out pink.. And I mean pink pink.. So I printed a couple 8x10s and they came out pink as well. Last wee I did not have this problem? Can someone help me here please I need to have this done by Wednesday.
Thank you Hoss

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You probably have a clogged print head. Do a nozzle test and see if you can tell which color is clogged. If you continue to use the printer when there is a clog you may end up with a damaged print head. Unclog it ASAP. You may want to replace your C & C cartridges with good quality cartridges. They may have caused the clog.

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To expand on what hpnetserver said, do a nozzle check first. The cost of beating that dead horse by trying to get a color photo right may result in a damaged printhead. So you do a nozzle check check--which uses minimum amounts of ink--not a color photograph in large sizes that use maximum amounts of ink.

In short, you are in troubleshooting mode--if you want to do this yourself on the cheap, you better get systematic to narrow the problem down---but it could be a clogged printhead or just a cartridge(s) that is not feeding.--but of you have too much pink--chances are its a result of not enough of ink on the other end of the color spectrum--so expect problems in the cyan end on your nozzle check.

But you mentioned that you are using C&C ink---a brand I never heard of--nor is it clear if you are using prefilled third party cartridges or refilling your cartridges with ink you bought in bulk.

So I googled C&C printer ink---And I get hits for a chinese ink maker that makes ink for HP printers ONLY---and if that is the outfit you ordered from---their ink may work great in HP printers---but its going to result in INSTANT problems in a Canon brand printer. The ink has to be formulated to match the OEM characteristics of the ink---things like viscosity and a pile of other variables. And HP ink and Canon ink are just two totally different inks.

In general, there are a large number of excellent vendors of third party prefilled cartridges and makers of refill ink for the Canon brand printers---and also a number of lesser quality brands likely to cause problems---but I would NEVER even consider using some pig in the poke brand not reviewed on this forum as a known safe ink for Canon printers.

But if you used a HP ink in your Canon printer---best read up on how to unclog your printhead--and get that cleaned out FAST--before it dries up and gets really hard to dissolve-----and pitch your ink supply---start using an ink known safe in your Canon printer.---short list---formulalabs, MIS, and Hobbicolors.---but it would to know your general location---like in what country---which may some others give advice what suppliers are available to you.

Playing you bet your printhead on a unknown ink is a fools game. Playing you bet your printhead on a known safe ink is a very prudent and money saving move.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Of course, he might mean G&G...not C&C.....check the package lettering. In any case, make sure to use dye-based ink for re-filling..not pigmented in. Better yet - you have an excellent, expensive printer..why gamble with possibly poor ink quality? Osage's advice is absolutely perfect....go with cartridges from the 3 companies he mentioned. As for the pink colour - most likely it is a defective magenta. Try another one and see if it makes a difference. In any case, good luck!!