Need help identifying Epson part

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
One of the chips on one of the refillable cartridges for the R2000 I have came loose, and upon trying to remove the cartridge from the printer it probably got caught between the cartridge and the printhead and one small part from the printhead came out with it.
This is a picture of the piece. Unfortunately it was bent, and when I tried to straighten it one of its legs broke off...

2a7zkaf.jpg

and a picture of the printhead (it came from the gloss optimizer position, second from the right):

15wgxn5.jpg

Does anybody know what this thing is called, or the part number of from where I could get a replacement?

I also realized that it's the same thing that's in my P50 printhead, so maybe it's the same with other even cheaper models, so if anybody knows of a cheap printer that uses the same parts I could get one of those and "harvest" these.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Looking at your photo I notice that a contact spring seems to be missing in the chip contact block that is second from the right. This contact block only has six contact springs, the other blocks have seven. I think the part that came loose is a contact spring; I am sure it is, if it is gold plated. Probably the same type of contact blocks are used in other Epson printer models, so a defunct printer could be used as a donor, or maybe a new contact block could be ordered?

You find a service manual covering the models: EPSON Stylus Photo R1900/R2880/R2000 here: http://www.spsystems.lv/blog/instrukciji/Service-manual-EPSON-Photo-R1900-R2000-www.spsystems.lv.pdf . The manual might help in disassembling the printer to change the contact block.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
Thanks Peter, that seems to be exactly the right part.
And thanks for the R2000 service manual as well, I 'd been looking for it for some time now.

As it turns out, that contact block is exactly the same with the one found in a P50 and also in a SX-something multifunction I had lying around, so I just removed the little spring from that one and replaced it.