Need help- Epson Rx700 ?

speetpea07

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have an Epson RX700 that I can't get it to print. I purchased a set of refillible carts, installed them and nothing prints. They are recongized by the printer.(ink levels show full).I ran the head cleaning several times and the nozzle check but nothing prints not even the lines for the nozzle check. I also tried printing the test page in setup, a word doc. a picture and nothing.
I was reading some of the other post in this forum about the ink pads being full,
but were are they and how do I tell if they need to be cleaned? and how do I clean them?
I also read about using windex to clean the nozzles but didn't quite understand the way it is done.
I'd take it to a service place but the closed one is about 3 hrs. away from where I live.
If anyone can help me Please.
Thank You.

speetpea07

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
speetpea07 said:
I have an Epson RX700 that I can't get it to print. I purchased a set of refillible carts, installed them and nothing prints. They are recongized by the printer.(ink levels show full).I ran the head cleaning several times and the nozzle check but nothing prints not even the lines for the nozzle check. I also tried printing the test page in setup, a word doc. a picture and nothing.
I was reading some of the other post in this forum about the ink pads being full,
but were are they and how do I tell if they need to be cleaned? and how do I clean them?
I also read about using windex to clean the nozzles but didn't quite understand the way it is done.
I'd take it to a service place but the closed one is about 3 hrs. away from where I live.
If anyone can help me Please.
Thank You.
Does anyone know if the ink jets are on the carts. for the RX700 or are they built into the machine? and how do I clean them if they are clogged? Also how does one clean the ink pads for the RX700?Is there some way to remove them or what?
I really need to get this working again.
Thank You.

BaPa

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX892
Print heads on RX700 are in the machine not the cartridge. I have the service manual for the machine. I set mine so the waste ink goes into an external bottle. I am using refillable cartridges.

speetpea07

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Re: BaPa
Were did you purchase your refillible carts for thr Epson RX700? I'm beginning to think that my problem maybe the set of refillible crts. that I have.
Do you know of anyway to check to see if the nozzles are plugged up or maybe the tubing that runs from the carts. to the print head?
Did you purchase the service manual and if so from where?
Any help you can give me would be welcome.
I'd really like to get this printer working again.
Thanks.

Naili

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have had the Epson RX700 for a few weeks and it is excellent in all ways. I've printed, copied, scanned (photos, slides and film), used the memory card feature... and this is the best. I purchased an HP 3310 and a Canon 760 before this and returned both. The quality overall of the Epson RX700 is far superior. I own an iMac G5 and it works fine with the latest Mac OS.