Need Advice

Ron Lawrence

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1400
For my very first real post here, I'd like to ask for advice. I've got an Epson 1400 that has never been out of the box. It's several years old and I got it when I thought I had a place to use it. Things change in a hurry some times though. The Canon Pixma Pro 100 is on sale right now and I've heard that it is more useful to someone that doesn't print regularly. I've also heard that it is better with gray scale. If anyone can offer any advice I would welcome it.

Ron

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It all depends what you want to print, general hearsay statements should not really make a buying decision. It is correct that the Pro-100 with its gray inks can do better B/W prints if that is something you are looking for. Both models are printers with dye inks and should behave similarly when it comes to idle periods.

Ron Lawrence

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1400
Since I'm looking for good B/W prints that sways my opinion.

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
If you are looking strictly for black and white prints, have you considered using a black and white inkset in your Epson 1400? search for piezography K6 or K7 on Google you may find something you like.

Ron Lawrence

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1400
If you are looking strictly for black and white prints, have you considered using a black and white inkset in your Epson 1400? search for piezography K6 or K7 on Google you may find something you like.

I think that this would be great, but the ink is incredibly expensive. I'm a hobbyist, so that's a non-starter. Thanks for the help though.