Need advice for high volume A4 printing. Which printer to buy?

crexas

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just a little promised update on this topic. I've done 5000 prints to this day. Still working perfectly well. Had a few minor clogs that were easily cleared with Epson's cleaning button. Reached 70% of my waste ink counter and will be needing a reset soon. Called the Inksystem guys and found out that if I were to send them the printer about the inevitable waste ink counter hitting 100% they would just do a simple soft reset. Was kind of odd to hear this and I wonder if Epson service center does the same for the first error. I have a working AP for my printer so I will be able to do it myself. Does anyone know how many software resets can be done until a messy colorful disaster makes it's way onto my table?

Will be looking for an external solution for this since my printing demands can hit the waste ink counter from 0 to 100% in just two months.

crexas

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok. So I found out the hard way how many soft resets can be made without a flood in the printer. Just 1. Made the reset, printed for a couple of days and the sponge became too saturated and ink began to come out in every possible way it could. So I had to clean it all up and make a minor modification to waste ink mechanism. Disconnected the ink tube from the sponge and attached it to a bottle that sits beside the printer and all is well now. 15 000 color prints (no documents, just colorful A4 pages 90% filled with colors) to this day and I am still amazed at how the hell this thing is still working. When I used Canons earlier, they maxed out at 2000 - 3000 prints when using a ciss. This is something really incredible. Didn't really want to bring such an ancient topic back to life but I just wanted to share my experience with all the community.

Latest posts