Need a InkJetPrinter for a Student association :)

soulReaver

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf-3620
Hello all.
Nice to meet you all :)
I'm a student in chemistery in france.
I print like 10000 - 15000 pages a month in a student association ( courses / syllabus and other thing like that )
I'm here to find a good printer model and information about ciss and thing like that ....
We already work with 3x epson wf-3620, very good speed but too many problem and now the 2 are dead ... ^^
And we want now start with most recent one even if they will be dead in 3 - 4 years ^^

Our needs :
- inkJet
- PigmentInk
- big cartridge or at least the black with XL capacity.
- compact ( we dont need tray charger / no need Auto Doc Feeder / no need scanner / no need tactil screen our button )
- 2 sided printing recto-verso
- speed ( our last 3x epson wf-3620 printed 20p/minutes ;) )
- compatible with refillable ink cartridge or CISS
- printhead easy to change
- model dont have more than 5 years
- 250 sheet paper tray capacity ( or 150 )

Sorry its sound look like the search of the graal but I dont need exactly all of thats needs. its not exhaustive ^^
I prefer experience of recent buyer of printer happy with their printer and compatible with some or all of my needs.

Thanks you all.
Nice to be a member of this community :)

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may look for printers like the Epson ET-5150 or similar, you get the ease of refill with the bottled pigment inks, Epson printheads are typically not user replaceable, printers printing duplex are typically used for office type applications and mostly come with a scanner, don't restrict yourself to printers w/o a scanner of any kind.

soulReaver

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf-3620
thanks @Ink stained Fingers but i prefer dont use ecoTank rely expensive for the quality and if i have a little problem i need to change the complete printer.
I prefer a good and simple printer with a CISS system or refillable cartdridge :)
Thanks for the info.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What about a WF 4745DWTF instead - or a WF-C5210DW with ink bags? I don't hink that you can handle your print volume just with a 'simple printer' and I would not advice for non-standard retrofits - CISS etc

Last edited:

soulReaver

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf-3620
yes i think recent workforce from epson sound goods.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Canon’s Maxify range fulfill all your needs, except size. They're not very deep or wide but they're as tall as a regular laser printer.
Printheads are user replaceable and not likely to be discontinued anytime soon because newer models use the same printhead of the former generation of Maxifys. Autoreset chips allows the user to refill OEM carts (the best option) or you can purchase third party carts. All inks are pigment. The black cart contains 70ml, much more than most of the cartridge based printers of this range. Speed, double side printing, high duty work, are other strong points of these models. They have also features that you don't care for: scanner, copy, autofeeder, etc. but you needn't to use them.
Anyway, if size is a big issue, then you must look elsewhere.

I confess to know practically nothing about Epson current models, but their tank printers, as well as Canon's, specially the latest models, seem a good alternative. The extra cost charged by the manufacturer, to compensate the future savings in ink, might be worth the expense in the long term if the machine prints many thousands of pages per year.

soulReaver

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf-3620
@Artur5 sound amazing !!!
Any precise model please :) ? thanks

- I had four epson printer 2x epson workforce wf-3620 / wf-3640 work great two year with refillable ink print like 7000 - 8000 copies month... but the printhead is a nightmare... when is clogged you can clean it 2 - 3 times but after that the printhead inevitably go to Trash !
Epson put security in their electronic if you search to change any parts / clean head or just little thing they auto-destruct itself ......
Sincerly i dont think i will take epson in the future ...

@Artur5 i dont think tank its a good option for me because the cost and i hear epson / hp / canon with tank are pretty slow.... and speed is important for me.
do you know some good model of canon maxify compatible with refillable ink but withoot tank and with a good speed printing :) ? thanks

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
You could check the Maxify range at Canon France website,
Be aware that, apart from the ‘classic’ Maxify models with cartridges, there’s also an upcoming new range of Maxify tank printers (models Maxify GX6020, GX7020 ). I gather you won’t be interested in those.
To keep within the cartridge based Maxifys, IMHO, the best option is the MB5000 series ( MB5150, MB5350, MB5450..) Their specs are practically the same, they differ only on the number of paper trays. Logically the MB5150, which has only one tray, is the smallest one (in height) and also the more affordable.

If you have plenty of time at your disposal (and patience..) you might take a look at the mega thread ‘My Maxify MB5350 is on refill ink’ started by forum member @palombian.
Lots of useful information there but I reckon that 44 pages are hard to digest at once. Take your time if you dare to enter ..

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/my-maxify-5350-is-on-refill-ink.11871/

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Maxify GX6020, GX7020
  • HIGH PAGE YIELD: Print up to 6,000 Black / 14,000 Color pages on just a single set of inks.
  • Have peace of mind with a 3-YEAR or 80,000 PAGES* LIMITED WARRANTY.
  • Built-to last with a MONTHLY DUTY CYCLE of up to 45,000 pages!
Note that the warranty will expire in 2 months if you push the Duty Cycle to its limits. If you are printing that much then I would recommend a different printer.

The GX7020 also has up to 600 sheet paper capacity using two 250 sheet paper trays and one 100 sheet rear feeder.

While I did not expect the GX6020 to do Auto Duplex printing, AKA single pass 2-sided printing, I was surprised to see that the GX7020 does not state it does Auto Duplex for printing but it does state it does Auto Duplex for printing Faxes! It also does single-pass 2 sided Scanning that I would expect.

Maybe this is an error of omission, but I would verify the GX7020 actually does do Auto Duplex printing on plain paper.

soulReaver

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf-3620
ok thanks @Artur5 and @inkclick
Canon seem to be a good choice for replace my two epson worforce
Im dubitative with tank printer i see in youtube this videos
in canon you can just put out the printhead and clean it easily like that
Sound amazing !!!,
In my previous epson I CANT GET OUT THE PRINTHEAD and if i do that the printead dead itself ...

@Artur did you have the canon GX6020 or printertank like that ? i really think canon tank can be my next buying lol ^^

Last edited: