My Pro 1 Armageddon !

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I had with the help of @PeterBJ been testing out some crazy ideas and ways to attempt (Force) entry into the Service Mode to try to divert the pending Waste ink notice from hitting my screen; everything has come to nothing so far !

For you guys who are concerned about ink wastage when you start up your printers, this might interest you because this is what I found believe it or not !

I had turned on the printer more than 20 times over the last two days and turned it off nearly as quick, but I printed some 15 test prints also before finally shutting it down again. (10 Minute durations approx)

Why you ask is this so significant well I had just refilled 5 of the ink tanks and emptied my Potty waste tank before I started to mess around trying to gain access to the printers Service Mode.

Surprisingly after all of the On’s and Off’s I can see that only one table spoonful of ink has been wasted in all that time, yet the printer went through it’s usual start-up routine procedure every single time. (As all printers do)

So do these Pro printers use up excessive ink on every start-up or not, this is not scientific but I did expect it to waste at least ten times more than that for all the times I had switched it off and on again.

Does this go anywhere near answering your question regarding your overzealous printer’s action ever time you turn it on, when you automatically taught it was wasting all of your expensive ink.

I think you’ll have to make up your own minds as to what your printer is actually doing each time you turn it on !, I know I have..:)