My printer jams after every 1 or 2 hours

Andrew Wood

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Sprocket Photo Printer
Hi,

I have bulk printing work daily and I am using Canon Pixma printer that is also new printer. Last week I ordered photo paper from goinkjet and paper is also very good. But 2 days before printer stopped and I saw paper was in machine that was badly hurted. Initially I ignored it and I put off the paper from printer. But again this problem continues and now 2 days gone and I am fed up with this issue.

Should I call an expert from company to fix this issue?

Please suggest me some ideas. I have plenty of paper printing work paused due to this issue and using hired printer.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Which printer model are you using and what are your print jobs? If it is the MG7720(??) you are using, i think the printer is not sturdy enough for professional use. It might be OK for home use.

The MG7720 lacks a rear feed for photo paper, feeding photo paper from the bottom is not optimal. Bottom feed might cause problems with stiff photo paper, rear feed with its more direct paper path is much better for photo printing. Another brand of photo paper might be better suited for your printer.

The Canon Pixma printers of the PGI-x50/CLI-x51 and PGI-x70/CLI-x71 cartridge generations have no rear feed for photo paper. This might have caused complaints as Canon is now introducing a new Pixma TS series of printers in which the rear paper feed is back. You can read more about the new series of printers here.

If you want advice about the best printer for professional use, then try to describe as accurate as possible your print jobs. Plain paper documents, brochures/folders, photos and/or? and estimated number of prints daily.