My poor Epson Pro Stylus 7600....

jennzilla

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson pro stylus 7600
The Pro 7600 could run on with dye or pigment inks - Epson supplied both, and you had to set the firmware of the printer to either mode at the time of printer setup - for forever - almost - there is apparently a way via the maintenance menu to change the mode later during operation. But the vast majority of printers were and are running in the pigment ink mode.
I'm located in Germany and I checked the supply status for Pro7600 cartridges, there is no shortage, not at all, there are about 40 - 50 different vendors which have Pro 7600 cartridges listed. Not all of them may have all colors of both cartridge sizes available for immediate shipment, but you just would pick another supplier in that case. I don't have a view on the supply status in your country; I don't know if Epson is running an online store for ink supplies or you have certified dealers etc.
Epson here states they aren't making it anymore and that they don't have any...If you have a website for one of your suppliers there I would do backflips. Not that you could see them...And yes these are pigment inks (UltraChrome)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Epson here states they aren't making it anymore and that they don't have any...If you have a website for one of your suppliers there I would do backflips. Not that you could see them...And yes these are pigment inks (UltraChrome)
Granted it's not in the USA but this UK site appears to have them:
https://www.toner-partner.co.uk/epson-stylus-pro-7600/

They don't do shipping to the USA but I'd be happy to trans-ship them for you via Fedex or DHL Express if that turns out to be the only option you find. Obviously payment would need to be up front but that's an option.

Long term it looks like there's barely any stock left though so you're going to need to look at alternatives anyway. So, unless you need a quick fix for the immediate term then can research in down time in a month or so, you might as well invest the time and money there.

jennzilla

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson pro stylus 7600
Granted it's not in the USA but this UK site appears to have them:
https://www.toner-partner.co.uk/epson-stylus-pro-7600/

They don't do shipping to the USA but I'd be happy to trans-ship them for you via Fedex or DHL Express if that turns out to be the only option you find. Obviously payment would need to be up front but that's an option.

Long term it looks like there's barely any stock left though so you're going to need to look at alternatives anyway. So, unless you need a quick fix for the immediate term then can research in down time in a month or so, you might as well invest the time and money there.
I checked it out and only one of their magentas has the correct number...I may need to give up, the price for what random little bites are available before even tangling with shipping are pretty up there. Thanks so much for your offer and for finding that address!