My Pixma iP1500 gone. Need help with "Which one next"

Just Saul

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello all:
My Canon iP1500 just done serving me very well and I'm looking for advice for replacing it.
I spent the last couple hours here in the forum trying to find answers.

For my needs the 1500 was perfect: my daughters are, sorry, WERE using it. I bought it on January 2005. At the same time I bought on eBay 50 B&W+ 30 color compatible cartridges for about $1.40 each. Since the ink was so cheap and I added the 2 yr extended warranty, I didnt have to monitor how and how much my daughters are using the printer and it saved me nagging and lecturing about wasting ink. Now I need to replace it with one for the same purpose:
1- Quality printing is not a big issue although the 1500 had a very good one and I would like to keep it this way.
2- Speed the same. (Again, the 1500 was VERY satisfying and I prefer it this way)
3- Maintenance, I just needed to replace the cartridge. (Only lately started problems with the waste tank and so).
4- The main point is that I want the printer to be very cheap to maintain (during the last almost year and a half I spent only about $120) and needs to be a workhorse (we use about a ream a month), with fair speed and printing quality. (Is there something like this...) :)

Oh, I checked on eBay and I can find the 1500 again, brand new, but I am afraid that since I am not buying it from a reliable source or somewhere I can return if somthing is wrong (like Office Depot) it can be an old one that was standing for a long time on the shelf and now the head (or something else, -I just dont know enough in printers-), can be bad.
Any thoughts will be very much appreciated and thanked. :)
Thanks in advance, Saul