My Image Garden printing from premium content

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
So why doesn't My Image Garden work wirelessly? Answers on a postcard, please -
Simple answer to that is:- if your using non or refilled OEM carts then Image Garden won’t work and the software can only verify this with a solid wired connection..:eek:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Refilled Canon OEM carts work OK, at least if they are resat with an Original REdSETTER ®. I don't know if other resetters also work for this. Even some compatible cartridges are accepted, see post #7.
...and the software can only verify this with a solid wired connection..:eek:

To get access to the EEPROM data in the printer when doing service mode operations a direct USB connection is needed. It seems Canon also need a direct USB connection to read data from the printer's EEPROM. I wonder what else they look for and if they could disable a printer using refilled or compatible cartridges if they wanted to. I think that would likely be considered hacking and illegal, but harvesting usage data and? seems to be OK?. Is this Premium stuff a kind of bait?

Last edited:

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
Forgive me but I don't buy that. Canon is one of the most sophisticated companies in the business. If they wanted to, it could be done. But it suits them not to.
Nevertheless, if anyones asks me, I will swear by a Canon printer. My MG5350 is still plodding along nicely and, I am sure, will outlive my two Mac computers, both ten years old next year.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Forgive me but I don't buy that. Canon is one of the most sophisticated companies in the business. If they wanted to, it could be done. But it suits them not to.
O' but they do....:ep
When installing a new Canon printer, it won’t let install a working driver from the CD useless you first have an internet connection, and Canon Inc. then scans your system for any other Canon printers and will reset them to Default on you, this only applies to the newer printers with a modern icon...
Canon Inc. are no longer the good old Canon of old...:smack

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
Ah - I didn't know that. Now you've put me off buying another Canon printer! However, since my MG5350 seems to want to go on forever, and should I ever have a problem I can come back here, I doubt I'll need another printer. I've probably only got another 15 years on the planet. I'm sure my MG will outlast me!!

Latest posts