My exploding ink bottles

tenbob0

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
There was a big mess at the back of the drawer where I keep my ink. This set of five bottles had all failed in the identical way.

temp_inkjet.jpg

They were 5 or 6 years old and hadn't been overtightened. The caps all just cracked around the top and released the contents. Contrary to my caption I don't think there was an actual explosion.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
There was a big mess at the back of the drawer where I keep my ink. This set of five bottles had all failed in the identical way.

View attachment 2878

They were 5 or 6 years old and hadn't been overtightened. The caps all just cracked around the top and released the contents. Contrary to my caption I don't think there was an actual explosion.
I would surmise that it was actually an "explosion" of bacterial growth. This is comparable to the warning not to purchase or use canned food that has a "puffed-up" top.
Well you could say that your explosion was in Technicolor..:lol:
Beautiful flower gardens in full bloom are described as an "explosion of color". This explosion of color in your desk drawer can be described as one heck of a mess!

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Plastic over time becomes brittle and rather than being flexible just cracks like an egg shell, seen it happen many times :(