My Epson R320 Passed Away

Arfer Daley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi folks
my epson r320 passed away last week after about 4yrs of great service
i kept getting the paper jam error when trying too print paper also it would spit out the cd if trying too print one saying not in correctly but would do a knozzel check just fine
it done this once before with the cd tray i sprayed the little wheel on the rh side with wd40 which cured it for a couple of months but its back again with avengance :( i stripped the printer down cleaned all inside as much as i could print head included when reassembled still same fault so i am looking at the epsonP50 as a replacement i dont need the card reader etc
i read i can still use my ciss by fitting a new cartridge set and off it should jolly well trot anyone have the P50 could advise i know its cheap and cheerfull but so am i and dont have alot of cash too throw about so it should do just fine however i did read somewhere it dont like win xp?? i use xp and w7 hardwired lan hope its not going too be a problem
i am going too restrip the printer down so anyone wanting any spares from it pm me and we can chat about it not sure wher too put that bit here the sale stuff not found it yet need too recoupe a little at least lool the dropdown cd tray is goosed but the micro switches that activate are good and working
sorry if in wrong place wwas not sure where to put this

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
You should be able to re-use your CIS if you made sure you get a new cartridge set with the appropriate ARC's so yeah, that'll work

The inks are going to be different in the sense that the P50 uses the Claria style ink which has different colour values so it's worth considering profiling, manual adjustments, if that's going to be important...

As to windows drivers/compatibility... Not checked but most folks find a way round... If you get stuck, ask and I'll test the P50 I have here with my wifes Win7 machine (I'm still on XP myself).

Arfer Daley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thankyou for the heads up wont be geting this printer until 16july god willing my birthday its top of my list
60th gee dont time fly thanks again i will advise