My canoni960 stopped printing mid-job. Help?

bombaygirl

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Its about 2 years old. I was printing some color postcards when it stopped printing. It just grinds away, but doesn't print. I couldn't find any support on the canon website. The self-support tool says to take it in to a canon dealer.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Could it be the waste ink counter?

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Without any more information its hard to firure out what went wrong. Could it be a paper jam?

bombaygirl

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, and thanks for the feedback. No paper jam...I checked. I am not sure what a waste ink counter is.

kenban

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
When the printer is on is the power light blinking? If so how many times?

When you say it stopped mid-job did it finish the page then stop working or did it stop in the middle of a page?

Make sure the printer is off, then hold the paper feed button and then press and hold the power button. Release the feed button and while continuing to hold the power button press the feed button twice then let go of everything. You will hear the printer work for a few minutes and it will go into service mode. At this point make sure there is some paper in the printer hit the feed button once and the power light will turn amber. Just hit the power button and the printer will print a quick diagnostic page. To exit diagnostic mode once the print is finished just hit the power button again.

At the top of the page its going to have the printer model, firmware version then a D=XXX.XX that is the percent of the waste tank that is full. What is this number?