My Canon i560 prints reddish stripe by the end of paper

aguacate

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi. I have a Canon i560 and have been using it for a couple of years without problems. I recently found a that it prints a red thin stripe (about a quarter of an inch wide) accross de picture towards the last inch of the print. It happens only with photo paper (not on plain paper).

I noticed the photo paper runs a little faster (skips) when is close to the end and then comes back to normal speed and prints the rest very well. The entire picture comes high quality with no problems at all, except for the stripe described above.

It seems like the printer moves the paper faster for a second (which doesn't allow it to get enough ink for about a quarter inch), then the reddish stripe, then normal printing again until the end of the picture.

Please, help (would that be a problem with the printer rollers or the print drivers??).

Thanks for any hint you can give!!

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Have you tried cleaning the timing strip and the timing wheel?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Is the stripe at the trailing edge of a borderless print? My Canon i960 sometimes has banding about 3/8ths of an inch from the trailing edge when printing borderless photo prints on glossy photo paper. Canon customer service indicated that this will occur when the paper has a slignt curve and recommended that I run the paper over the edge of a table to remove the curve. This would be a nuisance, having to flatten every piece of paper prior to printing. I found that if I stored all my photo paper flat in the box in which it was purchased the banding rarely occurred. I do not leave any photo paper on the paper feed area. After a print session I replace any paper that is left back into the box.

I also think that there is an issue with the paper transport system. When the print is nearly complete the paper that has already printed and is exiting the printer is unsupported, so the weight of nearly the whole piece of paper pulls the leading edge down and puts different force on the small trailing edge portion that is still being printed. I've sometimes placed a book or other support on the output tray at the correct hight to support the print as the last inch is being printed.