My brand new Canon Pixma is printing photos with stripes. Help!!

sugarrushing

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a brand new printer nad tried to print some photos and all are printing with evenly spaced stripes through them. Kind of like a jail effect. What would be causing this as it's new so I know it doesn't need cleaning? Can anyone help?

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer properties > maintenance > nozzle check

does it look OK (no banding) ? if it does, do a print head alignment.

if it doesn't, perform a cleaning as instructed by the driver.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure that you have the printer driver set for photo paper and not plain paper. If I try to print a photo with the plain paper setting, there is a definite banding effect in the print.

Steve W.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
All good advice....you might also have a problematic cartridge. You are under warranty with Canon and have a year of tech support.

One call to them and they either will fix your problem or send replacement parts. Give them a call, and your problem will be solved.

Also, if you have purchased this printer from a large chain store, they might replace it on the spot for you.

In any case, good luck.

newfiewanabe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Sounds like you are printing too fast. Open printer,Properties,Select Photo Paper Pro, down to print quality, custom, set on 2 or 1 this makes it print much slower and should give you a fine print providing your print head is not clogged or a cartridge near empty. All else fails call Canon they are excellent to deal with and will take care of the problem. They want us happy.
Jim