MX726 not recognizing after market cartridges.

lffoar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS6360a
Hi all, I know this has been done to death but I've tried every trick I know but can't get any sense out of the printer.
I purchase compatible cartridges through flea bay and have had no problems to speak of. The occasional "this cartridge is not recognised" but I've solved it usually by
Removing said cartridge/s turning off, wait a bit, turn it on and re-insert cartridges. That has worked up 'til now. Have been using printer with no probs for a while but went to print a page this a.m. and bingo, magenta not recognised! Did all the usual, no luck so as I was down in ink I changed cartridges, switched back on and buggar me, still no magenta. I've tried 2 new cartridges, held the stop button etc etc but nothing. Even checked to see if there was any gunk on the contacts in the printer but no, all clean. Any clues guys before I toss this bloody thing out the window?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Do you get an error code on screen?

Any flashing lights on the printer? That would correlate to an error code.

Does the plastic tab on the cartridge light up solid, blink or not at all?

I've tried 2 new cartridges
Are these 2 of the same aftermarket brand cartridges? Different brand aftermarket cartridges? An OEM cartridges?

Have you tried inserting the old empty to see if it is recognized?

The occasional "this cartridge is not recognised" but I've solved it
"Occasional" seems too much and may be a sign of poor quality chips. It should be a rare event.

lffoar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS6360a
Buggar me, I got a torch and magnifying glass, (the mince pies aint what they used to be) and sure enough, one of the very small contacts was bent slightly downwards. I gently pried it back, gave the contacts a wipe with a cotton bud with alcohol on it and all is good :celebrate
Once again, thanks to all and........I vote for "The Hat" for Prime Minister!!!