MP990 text printing issue - please help!!

inkadinkado

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Text is showing signs of what seems to be a clog. With settings on "plain paper" and "fast print", text is very light and even lighter on about every 5th line.

However, with settings on "matte paper" and "standard" or "high" the text prints beautifully.

I have cleaned the printhead. I've also done several machine cleanings which seem to be doing nothing but wasting ink.
I would greatly appreciate hearing what the experts think I should do here and thank you for your help.

inkadinkado

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks to ghwellsjr and mrelmo.

I did do a nozzle check and the PGBK did not pass the test. All other colors passed the test.

I will try the LA Fabulous Cleaner and report back. Also, I have not air flushed the PGBK nozzle on the printhead. I will try that as well. Are you using an air compressor or a can of air with the plastic tube you placed over the nozzle to blow the air through?

I just Googled "LA Fabulous Cleaner" and got two results and neither lead me to this cleaner. Do you know where to find this?

Thanks again for your help.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
when you say air flushed the head are you referring to the thread that i directed you to? or was it a typo or are you referring to something else, either way what i was saying in my printhead flushing i used a can of compressed air to blow any moisture off of the printhead [after flushing with water] in particular the electrical contacts. that way i could reinstall the printhead right away rather than wait several hours for it to dry, caution make sure the contacts are dry before using the printhead

inkadinkado

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks mrelmo.

I'll try the canned air to dry the contacts after another good flush of the printhead. Hope this works.