MP830 Won't Power On

Ronski

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a Canon MP830 that won't power on. I unplugged it and tried again the next day. No luck. What could be causing this? Logic board, power supply? Can I test anything with a meter to determine what it is? Thanks.

Ron

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I have an MP780 that shut down and wouldn't come back on. I have not tried to fix it yet, but I do know there is a fuse on the power supply board. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to simply replace the fuse because it blew for a reason but I guess there is little harm in trying. It could just blow again for the same reason or if I'm lucky, it will have been a weak fuse and the problem will be solved. If the fuse has not blown, maybe the power supply itself has died. I do have some other MP780's that have other things wrong with them and I could swap power supplies. It always helps to have duplicates. In your case, it might be wise to take it to an authorized Canon repair center.

Ronski

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Websnail,

I tried your suggestion to disconnect the internal plugs and reconnect. No joy. It still won't power on. Any suggestions other than a Canon repair center? My wife and I really liked this printer. Thanks.

Ronski