MP610 Tray "F" for CDs & MP520

PhillT

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If you have an MP610 with a Tray "F" could you tell me where the tray fits onto the printer please?

The reason I am interested is that I have been told that the 610 and the 520 are very similar machines, and I have a 520 that I would like to print onto CDs & DVDs, and just maybe the tray will fit the 520.

I had limited success by blu-tacking a CD to a piece of paper and feeding it in from the rear, but too cumbersome to be practical.

Thanks.
Phill

siusiuenen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If i not wrong, mp520 does not exist. Do you mean ip5200? it's use tray C and i can use tray B for it. You can give it a try. For more information, you should look into here :
http://pixma.ulmb.com/

siusiuenen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
yes, i do wrong even thought i did'd not see it with the link you post.
In the forum i post above, there a guide how to make cd tray yourself but i didn't see it anymore after quick search. If you can find it then you can make it and try before purchase it. On mp610, the cd tray is on top of where paper print out. You can see the cover with the half moon hole. Just open it then you'll see.

By the way, i didn't see the guide for mp520 printer.

PhillT

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
There is no guide for the 520 that I can find.

I am wondering if on the 610, the CD feeds back into the printer where the paper normally feeds out??
Do the paper feed rollers reverse direction for CD printing?

Thanks.