Mp560 vs B200... !@#%^$#$

icarr757

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just received the dreaded B200 error on my mp560 printer and I am not even sure if I can buy a replacement for it. It looks like the canon printers that use 225 tanks are dying fast also, quickly being replaced w/ machines that use 250 tanks. Soliciting your opinion, do you think the ink/chip resetters will come out for the new 250tanks? Or might it be worth while to bite the bullet and try to get my easy refillable 560 fixed?

Thanks for any thoughts.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The error code B200 means that the print head temperature is too high. This could be caused by a defective print head and/or defective main board. The service manual for the MP540, similar to MP560 but without wireless capability, states that both print head and main board should be replaced.

You may be lucky that a new print head will bring the printer back to working order, but it is a gamble to replace the print head, as a defective print head can damage the main board, and a defective main board can damage a print head.

If you are lucky to find a printer that uses the 225 cartridges, you can use your more easily refilled 221 cartridges from your old printer, with the 225 chips attached, in your new printer.

I think that the cost of a print head plus main board plus cost of workshop hours plus shipping will far exceed the value of the printer.

I don't know when or if a resetter for the new 250 series of cartridges will be available. You can read more about these new printers and cartridges here: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8591