Mp530

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
i am looking at buying a mp530, after reading numerous reviews, it appears that half of the reviews complain about paper jam issues with this model, i understand that no machine is problem free, but certain ones do have issues, can anyone confirm reliability from thier own experience

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about MP530 specifically. But paper jam on Canon printers are caused mostly by improper loading of paper on paper trays. I ran into several paper jams all because I somehow loaded paper on the top tray slanted. If I load squarely it never jams.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have sold over 20 of these to my customers over the last 4 months. None has complained about paper jams, though. I have had several different complaints, however. In 3 cases, people found the fax very difficult to set up, and 2 other people complained that the printer actually got noisier after a couple of months, and made a bit of a clunking sound, but still worked.

While not as solid as it's big brothers, the MP 830 and MX850, the mp530 seems to be a bit flimsier. However, the prices are so cheap on this model now, and it does use the larger, refillable PGI-5 and cli-8 set for which there are now chipped compatibles on the market. It is is a good value - even if it only will last 2-3 yrs. I think it would make a perfect backup printer...Good luck!!

joyea

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have had my MP530 for over a year now and have not had any paper jams. I use the top feed mostly but have used the tray feed a couple of dozen times. All in all I am very happy with it. In the quite mode I have had people in the room with me that did not even realize that it was printing until the printed page came out.

The only drawback for me is that it cannot be connected to a wireless network.

I'm using Windows 98se and my sisters laptop is Vista. It set up on both of them with no problems.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
this is good to hear, do you use the fax and was there any problems settingup the fax thanks for the info

joyea

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have used the fax a good bit. That is why I picked the MP530-I had to have a fax. It was pretty easy to set it up following the directions in the printed user's guide that came with it. I have always used the fax as a stand alone fax and have not faxed any documents from the computer.

I have to redo the time and date info for the fax each time I use it because I do not leave it attached to the same computer all the time and also power it on and off as needed. But this only takes a minute or so to do it.

The documents that are printed from the computers print really fast.

Here is the link to page with Canon's MP530 pdf Users Guide and set up guide. It might help you to be able to see what the MP530 is. Because it is a stand alone also these came in printed form with it.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...oadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=334&modelid=13371