MP Select Mini: Bed not heating - Broken Wire

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I got the two new sides printed for my MP mini, fits like a dream, and no more ventilation problems either...
Left Side.jpg Right Side.jpg click to enlarge..

I might just start on a filament reel holder attachment for the side of the printer...
Back soon... ;)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I just did the exact same thing for mine on Thursday, except I created my own magnetic back bracket with a slice in the top to slide the wires into (since I didn't think about this earlier and didn't want to take everything apart to pass the cables through it) See below.

I don't have any cool cable sheathing, where did you get that? I might just use cable ties. I also printed mine at a super low-quality since I'm impatient and just wanted it done. Maybe I'll reprint it nicer again later ;)

I'll say this: It's AMAZING what a difference it makes having the wired out of the way. I can feel the bed sliding much more smoothly now.

bracket-mag.jpg

plate-cover.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I don't have any cool cable sheathing, where did you get that?
It's AMAZING what a difference it makes having the wired out of the way. I can feel the bed sliding much more smoothly now.

Like mine your modifications would prevent you from sending you printer back under warrantee, but they were necessary and look really cool, and my printer certainly benefits from it too.

I used the cable sheathing from some unused power cables I had from my last computer upgrade a while ago, I had some spare cables that were not needed, they are now...

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Like mine your modifications would prevent you from sending you printer back under warrantee

Besides the soldering I had to do, I could put everything back the way it came from the factory since none of these mods were "destructive" (like drilling a hole in the back plate, etc.)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I don't have any cool cable sheathing, where did you get that?
Computer shops and internet sites that carry computer mod parts. Look for heat shrink tubing or cable sleeving. The Hat's cables looked to be sleeved.