MP 970s dropping dead

pkk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro100 Epson 3880, 9880
Hello All & Happy New Year!

I have 2 MP 970s that I use for office printing. Just after refilling several carts-which I had trouble doing because my resetter batteries were dead-the printer just went dead like it was unplugged. No lights or noise. So I pulled out the other 970, removed the carts from the dead printer & put them in the other one. It printed about 30 pages & it too went dead. I checked all the usual power sources etc. but I don't know if there are any internal fuses or something like that. Anybody have this kind of thing happen? It could be coincidence but I'm concerned about putting another printer on this system. I did install windows 10 on this computer about a month ago.

Thanks in advance.

Pkk

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@pkk, I am sorry to hear of your loss especially after you lovely New Year greetings.

Can you explain firstly what happened to your first 970 after or just after you installed refilled cartridges, how soon or was it just instant ?

With regards to your second 970, did you install the head and cartridges from the previous now dead 970 machine, or just the cartridges themselves, and how long in time did the second printer work for before it too stopped functioning..

pkk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro100 Epson 3880, 9880
Yes hello again, The Hat. I did have to pick through my supply of CLI-8 carts to find some that were already reset so several were installed & removed before I got it running again but other that that it was just changing carts. It ran okay for several pages then died. And I did move the head & the same carts to the other printer. The second printer had sat unused for many months & the nozzle check was pretty bad so I just moved the whole head with the carts. It printed maybe 20 pages & then quit. Neither of these printers was performing 100%. The magenta nozzles had been shot for a long time but for office use they were working. It would be nice if they worked again but I'm really concerned that something I did caused this.
Thanks
Pkk