Most reliable inkjet printer for CISS?

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
A CISS is not chipped cartridges, CISS is an ink delivery system with large ink tanks external to the printer connected to the cartridges by hoses which continuously supplies ink to the cartridges. The chips OEM's put on the cartridges are to prevent refilling or such CISS's to be used but third party manufacturers find ways around the chips.

juliandroms

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My CISS has chipped carts, but the printer wasn't recognizing the third-party chips on the CISS carts at all.

I also had separate OEM carts that I had refilled several times. Though still usable, the printer would sometimes not recognize the chips on the OEM carts, requiring that the OEM carts be re-inserted. So I thought maybe there was something wrong with the chip readers in the carriage unit. I took it apart and cleaned it out, and now the printer recognizes both the CISS carts and the OEM carts.

Of course, just because I have the CISS installed on the Canon doesn't mean it's going to work reliably. I'm wary because of one person's post saying Canon printers are "essentially incompatible" with CISS.

We'll see. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

juliandroms

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I saw the post on one inch negative pressure for Canon cartridges. Hopefully, this will make for a reliable Canon CISS but we'll see.