Monitor Calibrating

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
1) The software is called???
2) The software you have is for MACINTOSH? There is no Windows software on the disk?
3) Drivers for Win 7 64-bit and the updated for Win 7 iMatch software for the colorimeter appear to be available, such as at http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?Action=support&ID=788
4) Recommend you look at the videos available on the link in #3. There is a detailed installation/Set Up video.

At all times, Google is your friend.
1) The software is called???
2) The software you have is for MACINTOSH? There is no Windows software on the disk?
3) Drivers for Win 7 64-bit and the updated for Win 7 iMatch software for the colorimeter appear to be available, such as at http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?Action=support&ID=788
4) Recommend you look at the videos available on the link in #3. There is a detailed installation/Set Up video.

1. The software is called eye-one labelled for windows/mac O.S. The version I have is 2.6.2. there is a slightly later 2.6.3. but strictly for Mac. and I assumed the disc included the drivers?.
4. Yes I have looked at some of these videos and followed their instructions with some success.
I have now been able to profile the HP laptop I am currently using which proves the unit is working. The screen looks a lot brighter and I have only printed one photo today from the Windows 7 64 selection included in the system. This was of a red flower and was a pretty good but not perfect match to the screen. Nevertheless a good step forward. However the desktop with a good 24" Asus Monitor defeats me. Message states device not recognized. Tried 3 different USB ports without success. The driver installation starts and then fails and cannot be completed which makes me wonder if it is Windows problem and not the i1-2 display
I did wonder whether licences need to be transferred? they certainly do for Adobe Photo Elements.

At least I know it works and will contact X-rite UK support

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
1. The software is called eye-one labelled for windows/mac O.S. The version I have is 2.6.2. there is a slightly later 2.6.3. but strictly for Mac. and I assumed the disc included the drivers?.
If your software is "iMatch" then there is a full version upgrade available - v3.6.2 for PC - which appears to work based on comments read with Windows 7. Use the link I provided previously.

An interesting discussion on USB ports underpowering the colorimeter as well as shifts in reds can be read at http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3147221

It also can be the colorimeter is sufficiently degraded so that now your results are noticeable off. It can also be your monitor or issues with your video card.

Is there a compatibility setting in Windows 7 to try and compensate for older software?

Based on what you've said, I would get the updated software and try installing on the desktop. Follow the FAQs and How-To guide videos. Or wait for X-Rite support.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
1)

<< Serious stuff snipped>>

FREE LUNCH.JPG

Especially if you are hungry!
I asked GOOGLE for a free lunch and got 155 million hits in .35 seconds

How about that for "Customer Service"?

:ya

RS

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
:yuckyuck

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Dogs invented the Internet long before man every taught it up. :old
They named it the Woof Woof Web;

you can see the dogs daily in the park busily going around checking all the Pee-mails in that area
and then onto the twitter accounts left on the ground by some carless FaceBook dog minders.. :gig

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
If your software is "iMatch" then there is a full version upgrade available - v3.6.2 for PC - which appears to work based on comments read with Windows 7. Use the link I provided previously.

An interesting discussion on USB ports underpowering the colorimeter as well as shifts in reds can be read at http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3147221

It also can be the colorimeter is sufficiently degraded so that now your results are noticeable off. It can also be your monitor or issues with your video card.

Is there a compatibility setting in Windows 7 to try and compensate for older software?

Based on what you've said, I would get the updated software and try installing on the desktop. Follow the FAQs and How-To guide videos. Or wait for X-Rite support.
Pleased to report i1-2 Display now loaded and working but only tried the easy method so far. The cure was to un-install the version I had downloaded from the CD provided which was supposed to be v3.6.2 go to the xrite website and download again the version you have kindly highlighted above. In addition to some warnings on the site I took the added precaution of getting into the firewall and adding the program to permitted ones.

You may be right that the version I received may have been for a MAC yet I had already got it working on the laptop. Both on Windows 7 64 but the laptop is about 2 years younger, both been on automatic update.

I may say that the red flower picture looks great, I need to do a lot more to get up to speed with this complicated subject. Anyway I have started the journey. Thanks again

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Good to hear you have installed and run the software.

Correction: I was only asking if the software was Mac, not that it is, based on what you had written. If the software was Mac then it probably would error message unknown file type and load nothing, beginning/middle/or end. At least that is what happens with Windows XP Pro OS on trying to load a Mac file.