Mixing homemade cleaning solution for Epson Stylus Pro 4000

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Can we use alcohol 70%? The one we bought in pharmacy store? Here in VN we don't have Windex.

nordervaal

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Thanks cls this is really helpful. I have an epson 4800 that is going to be idle for 4 months while I am in oz. any tips on how to make sure i don't kill it in my abscence would be appreciated.

I have heard of using windows scheduler to print every few days but am not sure about this.

I'm in the uk and also looking for good and reasonably priced pigment inks for an R1800.

Cheers!!

nordervaal

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Thanks cls ...amazed at the quick response!!!

I'll look into the scheduler or batch file option, my son can write that sort of programs for printers/copiers so maybe he will come up with a small program.

I've heard German inks are good so will look into this option. I've heard of a few printers where full blown cis systems work well for a short time but don't last . I'm not sure whether its the cis or the non standard ink that causes the problems. I'm thinking of trying out refillable cartridges with pigment ink on an Epson R300 as a trial before risking my larger printers. No doubt I'll enjoy the tinkering!

Thanks again!!!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
If you're looking to use pigment inks in almost any printer I would recommend refillable cartridges over any of the commercial CIS's. I would definitely recommend them in instances where you're playing with pigment in printers intended for dye ink (like the R300).

As for batch files, inksupply.com had a print scheduler that would do what you need although I've no idea how compatible it would be with the latest Windows OS's. From memory I believe it was called "autoprint.exe".

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Pigment ink need to be shaked to keep itself away from being saturated. Printers with OEM/non-OEM cartridges can achieve this because the cartridges move with the printhead as well - so they are shaked back and forth! I don't know how it's done in stationary ink tank (some old HP officejet) - where the ink tank and the printhead are separated and only the printhead moves, or in HP Officejet Pro X series with PageWide technology - where printhead do not need to travel anymore!

CISS doesn't benefit from the printhead's movement. Solutions might be: use cartridges instead! || shake the CISS system yourself! (Be careful!) || someone need to research on how HP deal with this problem on stationary-ink-tank and HP PageWide printers! (I haven't found any paper yet...)

For printers with Apps features (ePrint in HP printer, for example), you can schedule one or more apps to print something. Apps will deliver things daily to your printer and the printer will print it single-side, normal and color mode.

nordervaal

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you. I ordered up refillable cartridges today and will give it a try.
I've got k3 ultrachrome so at least the ink is right.
I would prefer to just go with it on the R1800, as you say the R300 is designed around dye based ink.
I think my concern is that I see a lot of broken printers on ebay that have had cis systems on them, maybe its just that they have done a lot of work.
As they say ..nothing ventured!

I'll have a look at the autoprint prog sounds what I'm looking for and I could go with whatever operating system would work for it...no doubt Xp

Thanks again

Cheers

Latest posts