Missing section when printing nozzle check

Kompyused

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF 7710
I got this printer second hand and i thought ok yea ill de clog the nozzles and be on my merry way but now im confused. A whole section is missing. I didnt know because i had no idea its supposed to print another BK section. I had to google to compare. Please help! I have a declogging solution with a syringe attachment. I already left it there for 30 mins and then pushed for the final 2ml.

What can I do to declog that other bk section? I have a ciss system installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 106

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It appears to me that the BK black channel is running on two nozzle rows, itcould be that the ink flow to that nozzle row is blocked altogether. I would first try to get a clean print with regular cartridges - at most refill cartridges and not with a CISS which can cause additional problems.

Kompyused

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF 7710
Would ebay replacement catridges be okay? I have tried so much today declogging the bk and then discovering there is a completely different row that isnt even printing. 🤦🏻‍♀️ that section of bk that is visible in the print was not there this morning and just now saw there should be two 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Kompyused

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF 7710
It appears to me that the BK black channel is running on two nozzle rows, itcould be that the ink flow to that nozzle row is blocked altogether. I would first try to get a clean print with regular cartridges - at most refill cartridges and not with a CISS which can cause additional problems.
Also what do you mean additional problems? How different would be the ink from the cartridge from a ciss cartridge? Is there any way to declog with a solution?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Not all problems are clogged nozzles, there could be air in the tube(s) or in the CISS cartridge, or the ink level of the ink tanks may be too low or at least at a critical level. Or there is a completely different problem - you purchased tthe printer as used so the previous user had a reason to sell it to you, but did he tell you the complete and correct status of the printer ? Or there could be a problem with the inks the previous user was using - or the ink you are trying to use. I would be pretty hesitant to buy a printer with such nozzle check print.

Last edited:

Kompyused

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF 7710
Not all problems are clogged nozzles, there could be air in the tube(s) or in the CISS cartridge, or the ink level of the ink tanks may be too low or at least at a critical level. Or there is a compeltely different problem - you purchased tthe printer as used so the previous user had a reason to sell it to you, but did he tell you the complete and correct status of the printer ? Or there could be a problem with the inks the previous user ws using - or the ink you are trying to use. I would be pretty hesitant to buy a printer with such nozzle check print.
No air in the tubes at all, ink tanks full capacity.

The printer came with original cartridges and only black was missing. And then I came home and replaced them with my ciss. The maintenance box is OK and for some reason the print count is low on the system. I dont know if it resets when the maintenance box is replaced but this is what it says and maybe 20/30 of it is from me printing the nozzle check and a page of printer test prints

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 82

Kompyused

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF 7710
Sorry I forgot he is a computer junk reseller. He just told me he is selling the printer off and the last time they checked there was no problem with the nozzles (colour yes all good but black man.)

Would be leaving it alone for a while and using it regularly would help the issue? It prints fine i can only notice the second black prints missing when i print photos. Everything is fine but the black looks… weird. Like a layer is missing to make it even more black.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 100

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The display just shows a page count of 221 - that's basically a new printer, and there wouldn't be a reason at this point to replace the mainenance box. The page count does not get a reset. It is irritating that such printer got sold, but I could nevertheless assume that the printer was in working condition, and problems with the nozzle check print are likely be caused by the CISS installation. It's up to you how you proceed from this point. You just may continue with regular cartridges.

Kompyused

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF 7710
The display just shows a page count of 221 - that's basically a new printer, and there wouldn't be a reason at this point to replace the mainenance box. The page count does not get a reset. It is irritating that such printer got sold, but I could nevertheless assume that the printer was in working condition, and problems with the nozzle check print are likely be caused by the CISS installation. It's up to you how you proceed from this point. You just may continue with regular cartridges

I think this printer was not used and they didnt care to test it out. Or replace the bk cartridge ever. Its not the ciss because when i printed a nozzle test for the first time, the bk was not even there. So from the start the nozzle was already blocked up. Only when i did all the cleaning and solution was i able to see the one bk part but not the other side. It just baffles me how one whole section does not show up yet the other side is fine. Thank you so much for replying to me. But i assure u its not the ciss. Its the nozzle.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There is a complete nozzle row not supplied with ink - on an almost new printer - that's not clogged nozzles, the blockage must happen earlier - in the printhead in the internal supply lines whereever. That should be the next action to solve, and then you may install the CISS.