MIS Supply (inksupply.com)

LeeE

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
billkunert said:
Has MIS Supply gone out of business? I can't raise their web site, www.inksupply.com .
I have 2 computers (windows XP) with high speed DSL.
My main frame has much difficulty navigating the MIS website (many timeouts & page not found indications using Firefox and IE doesn't get anywhere):p

This seems to be the only site that I have the problem!! Something is very strange with the site :(

My laptop doesn't have any problem using the site !:/

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
No problem getting onto the site. I haven't been on the MIS (Inksupply) site since Precision Colors went into business selling IS inks. MIS has really done a drastic change in web site design. They've also minimized their identification as MIS in favor of Inksupply.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
The Hat said:
Three Guys from total different parts of the planet can open this site so
its probably just down to the way youve set up your browsers that's all..:(
I ran a quick test:

Using Firefox on XP - opens with no warnings.

Using IE on XP - opens, but with a message warning that the security certificate is either expired or hasn't yet taken effect.

Using Firefox on Win-7 - opens with no warnings.

Using IE on Win 7 - opens, but with a security alert that I am about to view pages over a secure connection.

The Hat may be onto something, and it may have to do with your security settings. Why would inksupply.com implement a secure connection for their site? It's easy to see the need when someone orders something, but just to look around?

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
@billkunert: What browser do you use? Try hitting Ctrl+F5 while on the site. This will refresh the page and not load it from cache.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
1. Grandad, www.inksupply.com is not a secure page. With IE you are apparently trying to open a secure part of the site. The certificate for the secure part of the site is valid, and was issued in March. Check the dates on your computers.

2. Billkunert and LeeE, I had no problem viewing the Web site. It's common for Web sites to have temporary problems that get cleared after a while.

LeeE

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ThrillaMozilla said:
Billkunert and LeeE, I had no problem viewing the Web site. It's common for Web sites to have temporary problems that get cleared after a while.
As I indicated previously I have no problem with this site using my laptop and the same DSL connection as my mainframe computer.
My laptop loads all the sites pages quickly with no problem! :)

My mainframe is somewhat older. I built it in 2006, using an Intel D865GBF motherboard!
The problem happens only on this computer and only on the MIS site and is not new, It happened in October which was the first time I had tried it after the site had made many updates.
I have check & double checked Browser settings (even comparing them to my laptop) as well as turning off virus protection and firewall off with no effect! I also checked many other system related things.

I generally don't have a problem getting to the Home Page of http://www.inksupply.com/ It's the other links that you need to click on.
These links will come up with 'page not found" or 'reset' or "time out". Clicking the "Try again" on the error (firefox) maybe 2 or 3 times will generally get to the required page!
Also clicking the browser back arrow may get the errors (trying to go back the previous page)
I should also note that this mainframe is a dual boot setup and the different boots have different software and different version levels of browsers however both boots react the same when accessing the MIS site (making me think it a rare system problem vs this site) It would be interesting If billkunert was using a similar system.

As I can use my laptop to access MIS I didn't continue trying to find the problem ( I'm just waiting to see if I can find any other sites with a similar problem) :lol: