MIS ink for CLI-8 and BCI carts interchangeable?

Kefp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
TS9020, Pro100
I just acquired an IP4500 and a MP970. Was wondering if the MIS bulk ink that I used for MP780 is still compatible with IP4500 and MP970?

Checking the Inksupplydotcom site, it offers different codes - CANS800 vs CANCLI8.

Thanks

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well first off, I don't know if the ip4500 has the same function as its brothers before it. Some of the new canon printers won't allow you to print after the cartridge has gone empty. You can buy remanufactured cartridges, but if you want to take the chances with refills, then I would say there's really not much a difference.

You can buy Canon compatible ink, and Universal ink. Canon compatible inks are made to work better with canon printers, but compatible ink usually works the same whether is universal or made for a certain brand. I myself have notice little difference in the flow and picture quality. UV inks are usually better for life on pictures. If you shop around, you'll notice that no one can tell you the years a compatible ink will last on your pictures. Although the life of a compatible ink will out live you, the difference in the inks usually depends on the supplier.

I think I got a little off the subject (which I tend to do). But check out different places that sell compatible inks. I find that places that make their inks in the USA, usually have a better result in quality. I'm not saying that all ink in the USA is the best, just talking about the ones I've tested. Ask around before you buy any bulk ink.