MG5350 - B200 situation - new OEM carts

KasperDM

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4500,HP Deskjet 1000,
Dear all,

Recently, my 5350 began to display b200 errors. Most of the time I could solve this through opening the printer and while turning the printer on, closing the lid before the tray had completely moved to the left. After installing a set on new OEM carts last week, however, I can't get her to print anything, and I don't want to give up, as I've just invested in these new carts.

Some more info about the situation:

- I've thoroughly cleaned the printhead yesterday.
- I've removed and cleaned the foam strip that runs under the cart tray.
- When I turn on the printer as before, (lid open as mentioned above), the printer turns on alright, displays the home screen, pc detects the printer.
- I've installed all new carts, except for the PGBK, as I don't inted to print text with this printer.
- When printing, I select 'photo paper' in order not to ask the printer to use the PGBK.
- When I got the printer last year from a friend, it worked fine. It had cheap replacement carts installed though, and at a certain moment the PGBK must have leaked entirely into the printer, as I suddenly noticed my hands were completely covered in black ink when I picked it up. This is also why I cleaned the foam yesterday, I thought maybe the leaked ink might have been causing the error there.
- Scanning works fine :rolleyes:

Is there else I can do short of accepting my loss?

thank you in advance!
kasper

KasperDM

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4500,HP Deskjet 1000,
Well... :) judging by the heavy silence following this post, I'm supposing the is the silence of the death of a printer? No hope for the ol' bugger?
I was afraid this would be the case... maybe I should like for a replacement printer so I can at least make use of the new OEM carts..
happy holidays everyone,
kasper

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
A B200 error is effectively the dead of a printhead, there are various tricks and tips published on the internet to circumvent that situation, but those either don't work or only for a short while , or your motherboard finally blows up or..... just forget them all. The choices are to get a new printhead or a new printer.