Mg5250 & Error Code 6c10

Jones

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG5250
Two years and a few months old and after only 5 cartridge changes my (until now) trouble free MG5250 halts on printing with a 6C10 error code.

After trying all the hardware checks and reset commands I could find I have used the service tool to reset the relevant counters but I still get the 6C10 error. What's puzzling is that all the print tests run successfully from the service tool but fail directly from the printer.

Am I missing a higher level error reset or is it time to get the credit card out?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You find a link to a service manual for the very similar MG5220 in this post: http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...-post-them-here-sticky.5071/page-9#post-36681 . Before downloading see the instructions in this post: http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...-post-them-here-sticky.5071/page-9#post-36684

According to the service manual, page 14/62 the error is related to the purge unit. A sensor might be blocked by a scrap of paper. But I don't understand why printing is possible from service mode, and impossible from user mode, so sadly I have no ideas about what is wrong.

Jones

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG5250
Thank you for the link to the service manual although I was aware that this was a possible cause for 6c10 and have checked, as best as I can, for any obstructions.
Interesting that Canon support suggested that "there is a hardware related issue related to the print head" but of course I haven't revealed that I have since used the service tool and printed successfully.
I can only assume that printing from service mode bypasses some or all of the sensors which, in my mind, questions the usefulness of the service tool. Was really interested if anyone else had experienced this behaviour.

grvwlkr

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX882
I am having the exact same issue with my MX882. Reset Ink Absorber counter in Service Tool. Prints from Service Tool, but keeps floating 6C10 error when printing from printer or computer. Did you ever resolve this issue?